A compilation of Kembara's (@aa-dono) thoughts unless stated otherwise.
Please Don't Copy.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

What I un-Wished

A poem about a different outcome of waiting.



I remember it like it was yesterday
Your distance silhouette once again leaving
You said your goodbye with a deceived smile
Father promising many calls
Sisters hugging convinced that they will endure
Brother fighting his tears from the future longing
Yet you stood there and waved anyways
A brave smile you masked on
Not believing that all will be alright.

If you work hard then I will too
If you do good then I will too
You promised us that and we cling on
We accumulate awards we gathered deeds
We waited to be praised on your return
Nonetheless you came with a frown
And you turn our fantasy upside down
I do not know what went wrong
Was it the waiting was it the coming?

If I knew at all what will be
I would not have wished for any.

No comments:

Post a Comment