A compilation of Kembara's (@aa-dono) thoughts unless stated otherwise.
Please Don't Copy.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I am Sorrow

written by Sindy Cheung (1989)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Who will listen to my feeling?
Who will listen to my useless land?
After the war, my skin had been damaged,
There are craters in my body.
Although I was sad, sorry, and suffering,
Who will listen to my feeling?
I am sad, sorry, and suffering,
Who will know my feeling?
I am not sad about my harmed body,
I am sorrow because of the people who can't use me rightly.
Who will know my feeling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

extracted from The End of Your Life Book Club 
by Will Schwalbe

The poem was written when author was 16 years old. She's a Viatnamese, living in a refugee camp in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment