A compilation of Kembara's (@aa-dono) thoughts unless stated otherwise.
Please Don't Copy.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Succumb to the Dark

I remember that day very well,
When I was still a perfect kid,
Coming home from the tiring exam,
With a big grin on the face.

I scored a lot, I told,
Proudly I went on and on,
Though I remember just then,
That I've mistaken one.

Useless came the word,
Though as light as the mouth says,
When it reaches the ear of a kid,
How his heart darkened as heavy as a whale.

Like how whales gobbles her food,
The heart was slowly devoured,
By the light, simple useless of a word,
That shattered the soul of a kid.

And thus the kid grows,
As imperfect as it can be,
With false and lies as his company,
To live up to the cursed word,
That leaves him with no salvation,
And never to be in his limelight again.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite depressing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry bout that.

      I was pretty much depressed when I wrote this (」゚ペ)」

      Delete